The holidays have been stressful enough without adding in the headache of head lice. Families are busy enough in the New Year cleaning, shopping, and getting ready to go back to work and school. Unfortunately, it’s also one of the peak seasons for head lice outbreaks.
After spending the holiday season traveling and hosting guests it’s important to be prepared for the possibility of head lice. We’ve put together some tips to help you keep lice away in the New Year.
- Use Preventive Products and keep them on hand. We tend to react after the fact with lice which is perfectly normal, but our clinics offer great products to help stop the spread before it even happens. Products such as shampoos, conditioners, sprays, and even treatments for bedding and furniture are available online and in store. Prepare your family in case of an outbreak nearby by preventing them from being next!
- Get screened professionally. If you are exposed to head lice many clinics, including our own, offer professional screening to put your mind at ease. A professional screening is one of the best things you can do in case of exposure and offers the chance for immediate treatment if head lice are found. Screenings are low cost and help to avoid false positive diagnosis, you do not want to be treated for head lice if you don’t have it!
- Don’t panic! Having head lice does not mean you have done anything wrong, lice happens. We offer a the most innovative technology when it comes to head lice removal, removing lice quickly and safely. Our FDA-cleared AirAllė device is proven to kill live lice and eggs (nits) in a single one-hour treatment.
- Keep your hair pulled up. It’s important especially for those with long hair to keep it pulled back. Keeping long hair in a braid or bun will give lice less of a chance to attach.
- Talk to your Family! Helping your family understand how head lice is spread and how they can avoid it is very important. Remind them to avoid sharing brushed and combs, hats, and other clothing that touches the hair. Explain the importance of avoiding head to head contact. Lice can not live anywhere other than the human scalp. Be sure to share lice facts with your family and loved ones.
If you have any questions or need a head lice removal treatment, don’t hesitate to contact us. At Lice Clinics of America – St. Charles, MO, which proudly St. Charles, O’Fallon, Chesterfield and surrounding areas in Missouri, we are here to help! Our heated removal process is the only guaranteed way to remove head lice in 1 quick, easy, and safe treatment, so your kids and family members can get back to the things they enjoy. Call us today to schedule an appointment at 636-544-9452!